1 Corinthians 13:11 “When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.”
1 “LORD, my heart is not haughty, Nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself with great matters, Nor with things too profound for me. 2 Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul, Like a weaned child with his mother; Like a weaned child is my soul within me.”
There is a greater level of maturity coming to us as believers which is eternal. Yet as long as we remain in this earthly body as Christians, there is always room for more understanding and spiritual growth as we go from glory to glory.
Been hearing this so often since I became a believer (christian) that “we have too much church” or “why, you go to church too much [often]”. Find it very interesting that, when walking in sin [worldly minded], no one stop you to tell you you party too much, you drink too much, you gossip too much, you too busy in other mans matter…. But as soon as you choose to make a difference and choose a different path from [ungodliness]. Here it goes, “they have church everyday”!
For example: -Sunday – 11:30 – 2:00 p.m. Worship Service; Tuesday: Bible Study, Thursday, Prayer Service! and yes occasionally we gather as believers to empowerment services/conferences or celebration [food and or fellowship] events. All in line with the Book of Acts and the biblical principles found throughout the word of God!
That being said, ““When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.”
Here is my admonishment:–
- Pride results from overvaluing ourselves above others. You don’t want to admit that it is these very things that kept you over the years when momma and papa took you to church or literally drag you.
- But your failure to yield and surrender to God now makes you criticise others for doing something you don’t want to do.
- As a result of this, It leads to restlessness because it makes us dissatisfied with what we have and concerned about what everyone else is doing.
- It keeps us always hungering for more attention and adoration. So to get everyone to lord you and be in your corner, and make them think you know everything, assiduously, you have been trying to defame others that are doing good in the kingdom, while you go ….[clubbing, partying, drinking or just sitting on the couch…]
- By contrast, humility puts others first and allows us to be content with God’s leading in our lives.
- Word of God says if we seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness then all these things shall be added unto you [paraphrased, Matthew 6:33].
- For too long even in the church this behavior is rampant where Christians are confroming to how others see them! Instead of allowing Romans 12:1-2 to work in their lives.
- In world gone mad – Stand your Ground!
- Know that when your ways please God gives you so much contentment.
- Such contentment gives us security so that we no longer have to prove ourselves to others.
- Don’t be distracted, keep on doing the will of the Father!
- Let humility and trust affect your perspective and give you the strength and freedom to serve God and others.
Oh my, even as I type this to submit:- “There is a topic being discussed on TBN about the same thing…They are discussing people who called those who go to church too often weird.
The panel also mentioned the same thing, yes going to the bar too much is not weird but being a christian is. WOW!
I know I am on point, God sends the witness tonight.
Their encouragement tonight is to be bold and say “I am a follower of Christ”. They further implore you to transfer your trust to God!
Philemon was written for this very reason to encourage the believers to not be swayed by false and heretic people, but keep their trust on what has been taught in the word of God and let it govern your lives.
Psalm 62 – (Cross Reference)
“1 Truly my soul silently waits for God; From Him comes my salvation. 2 He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved. 3 How long will you attack a man? You shall be slain, all of you, Like a leaning wall and a tottering fence. 4 They only consult to cast him down from his high position; They delight in lies; They bless with their mouth, But they curse inwardly. 5 My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him. 6 He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. 7 In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God.”
Apostle Nadine Manning
Apostolic Voice to the Nations